1/09/2012

Finally they are out!

So my sister wrote this poem for me. She used things that I have said throughout it. I wanted to share because I think it's a beautiful poem and because it really made me feel better reading it.

It's Her

It's so dark here
It used to feel like the stars
Looking up and knowing your problems aren't that big
You're okay, wherever you are

Now it's claustrophobic
Me and the blue
Then she comes out of it and I just can't breathe
There's nothing I can do

She's the insomnia
Suffocating me
Wish she'd just take what she wants away
And then she'd leave

When I can't pretend
When I'm alone and I'm done
That's when she decides to whisper her words
Steal all the composure I've won

Help me feel again
I'm so afraid of hurting
Her eyes in my brain, they're killing me over and over
Look into my soul, it's burning

What have I done?
I thought this would be okay
There was nothing else I could have done to save the world
Now there's no way

No way to move on
No way to go back
I can't figure this out, I thought I made the right choice
From sun and oceans to consuming black

I hate feeling
Like I'm doing something wrong
Try to pretend their attempts to console mean anything
But I've been hurting all along

I've got to find the light
Find somewhere to turn
There's a reason I'm lying, there's a reason I can't sleep
-It's her

No comments:

Post a Comment